Friday, October 15, 2010

My first post!

With baby Lydia well on her way, I decided it might be neat to start a blog to document my adventures as a new mom, so here goes nothing. Yesterday I had my 37 week appointment with my OBGYN. Turns out, Lydia might be closer than we thought. I was dilated 2 cm and 50% effaced. 4 cm dilated with contractions is considered active labor, so the doctor said if I start experiencing any contractions to call. So now I play a waiting game. I've successfully scrubbed every single entire inch of our house, organized the kitchen pantry and our closet as well as color coded all of Adam's tshirts. I'm not sure, but I think I may be nesting. Hoping for Lydia to come sometime in the next week before I start scrubbing our toilets with toothbrushes. More updates to come!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsay! I was super excited when I saw you were going to start a blog about being a new mom. I know I haven't talked to you much, but I've been following your pregnancy pretty closely (lol, facebook is amazing, right?) and I know we weren't very close in highschool.. but for some reason, given that we both have ties to fayette and have cousins who know each other, I kind of feel like you're family. Haha. ANYWAYS, enough of the creepy-ness. I am SO EXCITED for you. =) I will be reading your blog, definitely. =) I have a blog/site but it's mostly just random stuff. http://www.omfgitstabitha.com

    I HOPE YOU'RE FEELING WELL. =)
    -Tabitha Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweetie Tabitha! Its amazing the things you can learn about people via facebook and online blogs. I've been known to Facebook stalk random people, so it doesnt sound creepy at all! This motherhood thing is going to be an adventure for sure, so I will keep you posted! Thanks for the well wishes! Hope to see you soon! -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah my first comment here! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete